I've learned a lot of ADHD from the following books I've read, and would like to give credit to them. Many information on this site is from these books, obviously interpreted from my own experience as an ADHDer.
- Dr Christopher Green & Dr Kit Chee: Understanding ADHD, (1997), Mackays of Chatham, Chatham, UK.
- Dr Gordon Serfontein: ADD in Adults, (1994), Simon & Schuster, Australia.
- Sandra Rief: How to Reach and Teach ADHD children.
- Judith Kolberg & Kathleen Nadeau: ADD-Friendly ways to Organize your Life, (2002), Brunner-Routledge, Sussex, UK.
- Sandra Rief: The ADD/ADHD Checklist (1998), Prentice Hall.
- Websites listed below.
- Dr Russel Barkley is an authoritative on ADHD in adults. Visit his website here...
Dr Barkley has presented a very informative session about ADHD for the Canadian Centre for ADHD. Some of these video sessions are available on their website and YouTube. With all protocol observed and copyright (references below), I'll offer links to those videos here:
- A 2:51 hour video - Essential ideas for Parents of ADHD children
- A 1:29 hour video on ADHD as an Executive Function disorder
- 4:12 minutes - ADHD an Intention Deficit Disorder
- 2:24 minutes - ADHD more than an Attention deficit disorder
- 3:47 minutes - ADHD, a Motivation deficit disorder
- 6:04 minutes - ADHD a Emotional regulation disorder
- 3:03 minutes - ADHD is NOT a gift
- 4:33 minutes - ADHD emotional impulsiveness and relationships
- 4:22 minutes - ADHD more accountability, not less!
- 1 minute - ADHD hyperfocus
- ADHD Impairments in interpersonal living
- ADHD and driving hazards
- ADHD and Impairments in relationships, emotion control, pre-mature sexual activities (unplanned pregnancies)
- ADHD and other Anti-Social behaviour, alcohol abuse, health and money problems
- ADHD Medication facts and other myths
- The 30 essential ideas every parent needs to know - how to cope (and raise) ADHD children
- For parents: Inhibition, Emotion and impulsivity
- For parents: Persistence inability; failing to achieve
- For parents: Executive Function problem
- For parents: ADHD is a blindness to time
- For parents: ADHD as a self regulatory disorder
Other useful links are:
- ADDA - Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- adders.org - ADD-ADHD Online Support Group
- ADDitude Magazine – For People Who Have AD-HD
- ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) and child psychiatry
- ADHD.com - Adult ADD Resources Homepage
- Adult ADHD An Overlooked Problem
- Attention Deficit Disorder Resources for people with ADD and ADHD
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Living with ADD (attention deficit disorder, ADHD , AD-HD)
- Articles on ADD/ADHD on Suite101
- Dr Russel Barkley - the Official site